Information and general specifications of operation methods of power plants in the country
Considering that Ofogh Persian Gulf Energy Development Company is the owner of Mashhad power plant and Mashhad power plant is considered as ready to work as the history of the country’s electricity industry due to the age and variety of units installed in it, so in this section general information From the history of the electricity industry and the position of this company, the esteemed visitors of the electronic database of this company will be informed.
:: The position of this company in the electricity industry. ::
Electricity is considered as one of the key factors in industrial development, economic prosperity and social welfare of the country. Ofogh Persian Gulf Energy Development Company as a non-governmental company and owner of one of the largest power plants in the country in Khorasan Razavi province; Responsible for meeting this vital need in the northeastern region of the country. In its vision, the company depicts a powerful and effective presence in the northeastern region of the country and intends to become one of the most stable private electricity producers in the northern region by taking advantage of the power of local experts and the optimal use of the capital of its shareholders. The east of the country is the most reliable trading company supplying industrial electricity in the region. The power generation capacity of this company in Mashhad power plant is 328 MW. In addition, the company is also planning to build a 500-megawatt power plant in Sabzevar.
History of the country’s electricity industry
In 1264, Naser al-Din Shah, led by Haj Mohammad Hassan Amin al-Zarb, introduced a 3-kilowatt Gram generator to Iran for the first time in order to illuminate part of the royal palace. The fuel of this generator was coal. In 1279, by the order of Muzaffar al-Din Shah, an electric generator with a power of 12 horsepower was purchased by Mr. Haj Mohammad Baqir Milani known as Rezayev. This generator was installed in 1281 and was used to provide lighting for the shrine of Hazrat Reza (AS).
Tehran did not have electricity until 1282 AH. This year, a contract was established between Haj Hussein Aghamin Al-Zarb and the Provisional Government to establish an electric heater and brick-lighting factory in 17 seasons, with the seal and signature of Amin al-Dawla and Mushir al-Dawla. The Haj Amin al-Zarb power plant was ready for operation almost six months after the conditional order was issued, and according to an announcement, it was ready to accept subscribers. According to the name of the institute, the electricity department, electricity was initially used only for lighting, so electricity generation was limited to the first five to seven hours of the night.
Until 1341, there was no single organization for managing the country’s electricity, and major decisions were communicated and implemented through the Ministry of Interior in the Program and Budget Organization to municipalities and private government institutions in charge of electricity in the cities. In fact, the main organization related to electricity in Iran is the formation of the Ministry of Water and Electricity, which was done in 1342. Over the years, there have been ups and downs and changes in this complex, which is now managed by the Ministry of Energy.
Common methods of operating the country’s power plants
Throughout the history of the electricity industry, the country’s power plants have been operated in the following various ways:
Operation and maintenance of power plants (mainly diesel) is done by the private sector, including municipalities. (Until the early decade
Operation and maintenance of power plants (mainly diesel) is done by the private sector, including municipalities. (Until the early 1940s)
Operation, repair and maintenance of power plants by the government was done by recruiting and direct management (until 1991)
Operation and maintenance of power plants was done by transferring part of the authority to power plants autonomously. (A few years from the 70s)
Establishment of power plant production management companies and carrying out all o & m activities by these companies in the Ministry of Energy (since the beginning of the 70’s)
Transfer of full power plant operation as a full O&M to a foreign company (Rudshor power plant in the 80s)
Transfer of ownership and operation of the power plant to the domestic private sector such as Zargan power plant (in the 80s)
Establishment of O&M company by Mapna company and operation of power plants covered by the mentioned company
The changes that have taken place in the management of power plants since the beginning of 1970 have been made with the aim of adjusting manpower and increasing the level of productivity, and these changes continue with the privatization and transfer of other power plants.